Just announced: The Arizona Coalition for Military Families, Be Connected, the Arizona Department of Veterans’ Services and Maricopa County Community Colleges are offering a new, quick start 10-day training program to prepare participants for a career opportunity in the semiconductor industry. The program is open to transitioning service members, veterans and their family members.
Learn the skills you need to get hired in one of Arizona’s fastest-growing industries –
in just 10 days.
Maricopa County is emerging as a global semiconductor industry hub. Major investment to the Greater Phoenix economy has presented the region with an opportunity to become a world leader in the industry. Semiconductor companies are opening new fabs in the East and West Valley and will hire more than 20,000 people in Arizona. We’ve partnered with Maricopa Community Colleges and semiconductor companies around the Valley to provide a short-term training program that will qualify you to get hired in an exciting new career with full-time employment and benefits.
Arizona leads the nation in pay for Semiconductor Processing Technicians, with an average salary of nearly $30 per hour or $62,370 per year (Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)! Upon successful completion, you’ll have an opportunity to interview with our employer partners offering SkillBridge opportunities and thousands of full-time technician roles starting at $20 – $25 per hour depending on experience!
- View the program flyer
- Learn more about this training program, see the schedule and apply at maricopa.edu/acmf-semico
- Training begins July 11 and tuition stipends are available to applicants who qualify.
Upon successful completion of this course:
- You will have an opportunity to interview with semiconductor companies.
- You may qualify for full-time positions with a benefits package that can include funds for continuing your education. Benefits start on day one with Intel.
- You will have a portable skills certification for your resume showing you’re job-ready.
- You will earn an Employability Skills Certification Credential.
- You will earn a college transcript with three credits.
- You will have a resume created for interviews.