How We Help Career Seekers
Be Connected Career Navigation connects military-affiliated career seekers with specialized support, resources, and career opportunities – all at no cost. The Be Connected Career Navigation team has a network of employers across the state that are known collectively as Arizona Veteran Supportive Employers (AVSEs). The AVSEs are Arizona employers who are especially interested in adding transitioning service members, veterans, and military family members to their workforce because of the valuable skills they bring from their life and military experiences. The Be Connected Career Navigation team works with prospective employees and a network of employers to cultivate meaningful employment, training, and apprenticeship opportunities to make the best match.
We Offer Career Counseling Interview Preparation SkillBridge Placement Resume Coaching Employment Matching Civilian Career Transition Assistance
Who We Help
The Be Connected Career Navigation team supports all military-affiliated career seekers including service members separating from the military, veterans, and family members of service members and veterans. No matter your current situation, goals or timeline, the Be Connected Career Navigation can support your search for employment in Arizona.
Service members who are 1-2 years away from separation are encouraged to link up with the Be Connected Career Navigation team to develop a plan for their transition to the civilian workforce. This can include pursuing a SkillBridge opportunity, employment placements, job search skills, and higher education opportunities. Be Connected Career Navigation services are offered to the spouses and partners of service members and veterans as well as their children. We have helped college students still pursuing their education, spouses ready for the next step in their career, and veterans looking to re-enter the workforce.
Transitioning service members as well as dual career Guard and Reserve members.
Those who have served in the military, regardless of era, time since separation and discharge status.
Immediate and extended family members who are pursuing new opportunities.
Military-connected students who are preparing for a career search now or in the future.
How does the career navigation team provide support to career seekers? This is the career navigation journey:
- Engagement – The career seeker is connected to the career navigation team.
- Discovery – The team provides support for figuring out the career seeker’s next steps, timeline and options.
- Support – Additional support is available to discover and address all of the possible areas of need and social determinants of health that can affect a person’s ability to secure and maintain a position.
- Empower – The team provides guidance on all the tools available and empowers the career seeker to use those tools to pursue their career goals.
- Preparation – The career seeker prepares for placement by pursuing opportunities, with matching support by the team.
- Placement – Once the right match and placement is secured, the career seeker begins the new position.
- Follow up – The team is available for ongoing support now and into the future.
To get started, complete a Career Seeker Inquiry form today or schedule a meeting with the Career Navigation team.
Support for Arizona Employers
Just as important as our career seekers are their destinations…public and private sector employers. The Career Navigation team supports Arizona employers so they are equipped to recruit, hire and retain service members, veterans, and their family members.
Many employers see the benefit of hiring from this pool of candidates but may not have the knowledge or experience on how best to optimize their recruiting, hiring, and retention. The Career Navigation team provides support through training, technical assistance, and matching your available employment opportunities with highly-skilled career seeker candidates. To engage as an employer, click the button below.