Welcome to the Events Calendar!
We invite you to explore more ways to get involved and connect Arizona’s service members, veterans and their families. Listed here are upcoming training and events conducted by the Arizona Coalition for Military Families and our partners.
If you have any questions about our training and events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This event has passed.
June 14, 2023
Flag Day commemorates the adoption of the American flag on June 14, 1777. The significance of this day lies in the recognition of the importance of the flag as a symbol of national unity, pride, and freedom. The observance of Flag Day serves as a reminder of the sacrifices made by those who have fought for and defended the flag, as well as the values and ideals it represents. To honor the flag on this day, it is important to follow proper flag etiquette. Here are the top 5 flag etiquette rules:
- Display the flag from sunrise to sunset, unless it is illuminated during the night.
- Do not let the flag touch the ground or floor.
- Raise the flag briskly and lower it ceremoniously.
- Do not use the flag as clothing or decoration.
- When the flag is no longer in good condition, it should be disposed of in a respectful manner, such as by burning it in a special ceremony.