The foundation of Be Connected and our collective work in Arizona is the Arizona Coalition for Military Families and our public and private sector partners. Established in 2009, the Coalition brings together four key elements to strengthen how our community is equipped to meet the needs of service members, veterans and their families statewide.
Our Arizona approach has been nationally recognized repeatedly for our robust state and community partnership and innovative work on behalf of Arizona’s service members, veterans and their families by entities such as the Office of Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Office of the Secretary of Defense, National Guard Bureau, SAMHSA, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, the White House and the New York Times.
The Coalition engages organizations and systems from the military, government and community, providing a bridge across sectors to best serve our military, veteran and family population.
- Supports multi-sector engagement and collaboration.
- Combines resources and effort toward common goals.
- Allows for addressing the needs of and serving the entire focus population.
A Collective Impact Model
The Coalition serves as the backbone team for our collective impact initiative, a way for people and organizations to come together across sectors to solve complex social problems.
- Engages key stakeholders at the local, state and national levels in a shared vision and action plan.
- Provides backbone support to advance the collective effort.
- Focuses effort on sustainability.
An Upstream Prevention Approach
Together, we focus on upstream prevention by proactively addressing all areas of need to connect to resources and support to prevent the deeper crisis.
- Expands the focus beyond crisis intervention.
- Incorporates a focus on all social determinants of health.
- Equips everyone in our community as a potential open door and helper.
A Data-Driven Focus
Our effort is data-driven and informed. We use best and promising practices and combine data from multiple sources to understand who is most at risk in our community.
- Prioritizes data and evaluation as core to work.
- Supports continuous program improvement and evolution.
- Combines a responsive and proactive approach to meet the needs of the community best.