Arizona Faith Gathering
View Past Events
Arizona Faith Gathering
Arizona Faith Gathering
SUPPORT SPIRITUAL HEALING
Arizona is home to more than 500,000 service members, veterans and their families. Many of these valued members of our community turn to their faith for support, healing and connection. That is why the Arizona Coalition for Military Families is partnering with members of the faith community around the state to build the Be Connected Faith Network.
Join us in our mission to work together to build a strong, statewide network of caring and compassionate people who offer support for all who serve our country and their families who support them. Through your support, we can provide faith-based support and build a sense of community for service members, veterans and their families.
As a member of our Be Connected Faith Network, you’ll receive resources to share and no cost training so you can be an effective helper. With your participation, we can ensure that every faith group becomes a source of support for Arizona’s service members, veterans and family members.
The Be Connected Faith Network is a part of our overall mission to connect every Arizona service member, veteran and family member to support and resources. Spirituality is one of ten social determinants of health and areas of focus for the Be Connected program.
IMPORTANCE OF COMMUNITY SUPPORT
- Faith can serve as a vehicle to help service members and veterans feel more connected to mainstream society.
- A study found that veterans with depression and PTSD are open to being helped by spiritual counseling, but few take the first step to reach out.
- Spiritual connection gained through discussion, activities and events can provide hope, lessen feelings of isolation and be a springboard to promote other healthy behaviors.
FAITH BASED SUPPORT
Arizona’s service members, veterans and their families benefit from easy access to equipped and networked faith communities and faith leaders like you. As a champion for those who served, and their families, you can help by providing spiritual healing. Examples of support that faith based communities can provide include:
- Connections & Care
- Listening & Encouragement
- Intervention & Referrals
- Implementing Evidence Based Practices
Sign-up to stay connected to the Be Connected Faith Network!
We'll send occasional news and event invitations.
FAITH NETWORK CHAMPIONS
This effort is led by a statewide group of champions committed to building a connected faith based network that extends into every community and across all beliefs. In joining this effort, you will be connected through the leadership of:
- Thomas Winkel, MA, LPC, NCC, Director, Arizona Coalition for Military Families, Executive Sponsor of Be Connected Faith Network, Co-Chair of Be Connected Faith Network Committee
- Tonya Hamilton, Director, Governor’s Office of Youth, Faith and Family
- Dana Allmond, retired Army Lt. Col. serving as Director of Arizona Department of Veterans’ Services
- Mike Wold, Regional Coordinator, Institute for Healing of Memories North America, Co-Chair of Be Connected Faith Network Committee
- Dee Person, Be Connected Community Engagement Program Manager, Arizona Coalition for Military Families, Be Connected Faith Network Committee Member
- Ron Wheat, CRU Military Liaison, Be Connected Faith Network Committee Member
- Sanghoon Yoo, MSW, M.Div, Arizona Trauma Informed Faith Community (AZTIFC) Liaison, Be Connected Faith Network Committee Member
- Dean Pedrotti, Be Connected Faith Network Committee Support, Strategic Advisor
- Eric Simonson, Be Connected Faith Network Committee Support, Strategic Advisor
- Joel Larson, Be Connected Faith Network Committee Support, Strategic Advisor
- Conrad Washington, USMC (Ret.), M.Div, Director, VA Center for Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships, Be Connected Faith Network Collaborator
- Chaplain Matthew A. Cassady, M.Div., BCC-MH, National Program Manager, VA Community Clergy Training and Chaplain Virtual Education, Be Connected Faith Network Collaborator
- Gary Sanders, Founder and President, Military Missions Network
Special thanks to the U.S. Department of Veterans Services for their continued support and partnership of Be Connected and the Arizona Coalition for Military Families.
BE CONNECTED FAITH SUMMIT
On June 9, 2021, faith community members, leaders and stakeholders join for a half-day virtual summit to launch the Be Connected Faith Network. The program includes a video from Governor Ducey and a proclamation that 6/9/21 is Be Connected Faith Network Day, presentations from key leadership partners and five breakout sessions to inspire and connect the community.
View the speakers and agenda here (links to recorded sessions will be available after the event): www.AcmfEventCenter.org
READY TO CONNECT?
Do you want to be a part of the Be Connected Faith Network? Are you part of a faith community that you want to get involved? Download this PDF for an overview of the initiative and next steps for you and your faith community to get involved.